Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (3G and Wifi) (samsung-espresso10)
Users owning this device
- Wifi (if started up manually, there's still some problems on boot)
- FDE w/ osk-sdl
- Battery (Gnome 3 can read the battery percentage, whether it is discharging or charging and Charging-sdl does work. One small issue is that Gnome 3 cannot detect the battery time remaining)
What does not work
- RIL (hasn't been setup yet, but Replicant got it going on the android side so it should be possible.)
- 2D + 3D acceleration (so most UIs slow down to a crawl, such as plasma-mobile).
- Currently the kernel is not mainlined, but the OMAP chip is supported, so it should be possible to mainline.
- Bluetooth service crashes; Running
sudo service bluetooth startand then
sudo service bluetooth statusreturns "crashed"
- Audio does not work with both built-in speakers and headphone jack (Tested with Gnome 3)
- Graphics Acceleration
How to enter flash mode
Press Power + Volume Up to enter download/odin mode.
This has to be done in two parts:
- First create an Android recovery image of PMOS and flash it using TWRP. If it refuses to flash using the "Install" option, try to flash it with adb sideload.
- Then use the usual heimdall flasher method to install the kernel and initramfs (flash_kernel).
Doing both with one method results in errors in both situations.
Note: If you wish to install to the /data partition instead of the system partition, extract the Android recovery image, replace FACTORYFS with DATAFS in chroot/install_options, and re-archive it with no compression. (zip -0r disiredFileName.zip *)
- WIP dts here