In order to test service packs better, a staging repositories feature was developed for build.postmarketos.org (build.postmarketos.org#117).
As of writing, this is quite a new feature. Better give BPO maintainer ollieparanoid a heads up before actually using it.
Here is how it works in a nutshell:
- Create a new branch, for example from
v23.06and name it
v23.06with the original branch and
sp1with a custom name).
- Make changes to the branch.
- Push it to pmaports.git.
- BPO will automatically set up a new staging branch, create hardlinks to all packages that are on the same version as on
v23.06and start building the missing packages.
- Published binary packages are at e.g.:
- Whenever you push new changes: bpo will sync with the original branch, and again create symlinks for the packages that already exist there and have the same version.
- Delete the branch when you don't need it anymore, and the staging repository will be deleted as well.