Teclast X80 Pro (teclast-x80pro)
There are a ton of tablets on Amazon/Ebay with equivalent specifications - Intel processor, decent display, SDIO wifi, which are likely to be generally equivalent to this tablet.
- 3D accelleration
- EFI boot
What does not work
What has not been investigated
- GPS? (Unclear if the device has GPS or not)
Installation is unlike most Android based devices, as the Teclast X80 Pro uses EFI to boot. This process is likely to be repeatable across many similar EFI based tablets (like the Surface Pro lineup, and many other cheap x86 Windows tablets on ebay/amazon).
WARNING: this will remove your ability to boot into Android. Make backups!
NOTE: You cannot remove the "OS Selection" screen. This method will replace the Android boot option with postmarketOS.
Much more detail to be added, but basic outline:
- Install Arch Linux to USB key (Download ISO, dd if=archlinux-*.iso of=/dev/sdXY status=progress)
- Connect keyboard and USB stick to tablet (through hub usually works best)
- Enter EFI/BIOS (Either enter bios directly by tapping esc/del, or through Windows -> settings -> Update/Recovery -> Recovery -> Advanced -> Reboot Now -> Additional Options -> UEFI Firmware Interface)
- Scroll over to "Boot"
- At the bottom, there are a list of overrides for this boot, select your USB stick.
- Wait for Arch to boot and give you a shell.
mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /boot/efi
refind-install --root /boot/efi
cd /boot/efi && cp EFI/refind/refind_x64.efi EFI/BOOT/bootx64.efi && cp -rv EFI/refind/* EFI/BOOT/
- Edit EFI/BOOT/refind.conf, you may want to uncomment enable_touch.
mkdir /mnt/boot/EFI/pmos && cp vmlinuz-teclast-x80pro /mnt/boot/EFI/pmos/vmlinuz && cp initramfs-teclast-x80pro /mnt/boot/EFI/pmos/initramfs.img
dd if=teclast-x80pro.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p9
- Reboot. At OS selection, choose Android. You will see the rEFInd menu, select the postmarketos kernel. You should be booted into postmarketOS!
Samsung S3 guide...