Tips and tricks
When postmarketOS is reinstalled, a new ssh host key will be generated. Your SSH client will detect this, and refuse to connect, requiring you to run
ssh-keygen -R 172.16.42.1 each time a new host key is generated.
To disable this check, and to allow you to connect by running
ssh postmarketos, add the following to your
Host postmarketos HostName 172.16.42.1 StrictHostKeyChecking no UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null
Some interesting ideas
Here are some interesting ideas that you can do with your device with postmarketOS
- Use it as a mini retro handheld gaming device. As there are many good retro emulator that ccan make your device one great gaming device.
- Use it as a mini penetration testing device. As postmarketOS is a pure linux os, you can run Wireshark and other penetration testing software with it.
- You can run full Desktop Environment, with Inkscape, GIMP and full desktop browser(not mobile version) with extension in your device, .
- The splash screen is highly configurable (scroll down for an example)!
- Browse the Linux source with links to all references here
- Qualcomm and maybe some other Androids can simply reboot from postmarketOS (or any Linux distro) into your bootloader or recovery with
reboot -f bootloaderand
reboot -f recovery
- Battery capacity can be monitored to trigger low battery actions. See Battery capacity monitoring for more information.