Verizon Wear24 (verizon-dorado)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Original software||Android Wear 2.0|
|Chipset||Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100|
|Display||1.39-inch AMOLED, 400 x 400, 290 ppi|
Users owning this device
How to unlock bootloader
This will factory wipe your device. This requires disassembling the device. Source for method is here. Opening the device will, of course, void the waterproofing aspect.
- Remove the four screws on the back of the device with a Y000 Tri-Point screwdriver.
- Use a heat gun to heat the back of the device and use a suction cup to create a gap to put a guitar pick in. Alternatively, chip the plastic backing to allow a razorblade to create the gap.
- Use a guitar pack to gently pray the wireless charging coil from the back of the device. Do not remove it, allow it to hang to the side.
- Remove the clear and kapton over the SIM card, as well as the black adhesive slightly above it. This will unveil the TP points.
- Using a spare USB 2.0/3.0 cable, remove the non-type A port and strip the wires, revealing Red/White/Green/Black wires.
- Using male to male breadboard connectors, connect the now stripped wires onto the following points. Do not attempt to solder directly to the watch as you highly risk removing the solder pads.
Note that the XDA thread has a wrong configuration of data wires. The below configuration is what rendeko was able to use to unlock bootloader. Red-TP1 White-TP2 Green-TP3 Black-TP4
- Power on the device. Go to Settings > System > About and tap Build Number 5 times to enable Developer Options
- In Developer Options, toggle ADB debugging and debug over wifi.
- Using adb, connect to your watch's IP address (viewable in developer options) `adb connect 192.168.0.xxx`
- Reboot the device into bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Run `fastboot oem unlock`
- Connect device through USB. Your device will format.