Xiaomi RedMi4x (xiaomi-santoni)
- 1 Contributors
- 2 Maintainer(s)
- 3 What works
- 4 What does not work
- 5 Extra steps to get things working
- 6 Bugs?
- 7 Mainline kernel?
- 8 More information on this port
- 9 Bootloader Unlocking
- 10 Key combinations for entering Recovery/Fastboot
- 11 Installation
- 12 Photos
- 13 See also
- pinoaffe (old Xiaomi kernel)
- Danct12 (rebased msm-3.18 kernel from bitrvmpd)
- Install to SD Card
- USB Ethernet/Internet
- USB OTG
What does not work
- Camera (Broken in kernel, detected as /dev/video32-33)
- Mobile Data
- 3D Acceleration (will never happen due to downstream kernel)
- Backlight stays on when the phone goes into "sleep" because of a lack of user interaction
Extra steps to get things working
- alsamixer doesn't work, will result in a error telling mixer controls doesn't exist, workaround to control the volume is to use a sound server and control the volume (I use PulseAudio)
- PulseAudio is choppy/un-hearable with the default setting, this can be fixed by turning off sched.
- Framebuffer programs, such as fbterm will have it's red and blue color palette swapped for some odd reason, it might be better to look into this, as you might use them later. This will also affect programs that make use of fbconfig.
Not yet, as msm8940 chipset isn't in mainline.
|Parts||Components||In Torvalds tree?|
|GPU||Adreno 505||Yes (a5xx_gpu.c)|
|Touch Screen||FT5X06||Yes (edt-ft5x06.c)|
|Accelerometer + Gyroscope||ICM20607||No|
More information on this port
- The upstream msm-3.18 kernel is a fork of https://github.com/bitrvmpd/msm-3.18
- Most of this work was done for my project (Arch Linux on Redmi 4X), and the progress are backported to postmarketOS in order to help development.
Like other Xiaomi devices, the user will have to acquire the bootloader unlock key: https://en.miui.com/unlock
The device will not unlock if the device isn't 7 days old (from the time when your device connects to internet and turned on)
Key combinations for entering Recovery/Fastboot
- Turn the device off (or restart also works)
- Hold both volume buttons (+ and -) before the device vibrates (Power On Self Test)
- Keep holding until you got to recovery.
- Same as recovery, but this time hold the volume down key instead of both keys.
Installation over fastboot works, Android recovery zip installation is untested.