Xiaomi RedMi4x (xiaomi-santoni)
- asriel-danctnix (@asriel:kde.org)
Users owning this device
- Install to SD Card
- USB Ethernet/Internet
- USB OTG
What does not work
- Mobile Data
- 3D Acceleration (will never happen due to downstream kernel)
- Display Power Management on Wayland
- Full Disk Encryption (does unlock, but failed to look up the partition after booting)
- Framebuffer programs, such as fbterm will have it's red and blue color palette swapped for some odd reason, it might be better to look into this, as you might use them later. This will also affect programs that make use of fbconfig.
- alsamixer doesn't work, will result in a error telling mixer controls doesn't exist, workaround to control the volume is to use PulseAudio.
Not yet, as msm8937 isn't in mainline. msm8940 is similar to msm8937.
|Parts||Components||In Torvalds tree?|
|GPU||Adreno 505||Yes (a5xx_gpu.c)|
|Touch Screen||FT5X06||Yes (edt-ft5x06.c)|
|Accelerometer + Gyroscope||ICM20607||No|
More information on this port
- The upstream msm-3.18 kernel is a fork of https://github.com/bitrvmpd/msm-3.18
- Most of this work was done for my project (Arch Linux on Redmi 4X), and the progress are backported to postmarketOS in order to help development.
Like other Xiaomi devices, the user will have to acquire the bootloader unlock key: https://en.miui.com/unlock
The device will not unlock if the device isn't 7 days old (from the time when your device connects to internet and powered on)
Key combinations for entering Recovery/Fastboot
- Turn the device off (or restart also works)
- Hold both volume buttons (+ and -) and power button
- Keep holding until you got to recovery.
- Same as recovery, but this time hold the volume down key instead of both keys.
Installation over fastboot works, Android recovery zip installation is untested.