Huawei Mediapad T1 8.0 Pro (huawei-t18p0)
|Name||Mediapad T1 8.0 Pro|
|Original software||Android 4.4.4 (EmotionUI 2.3)|
|Chipset||Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916)|
|CPU||Quad-core Cortex-A53 1.2 GHz|
|Display||800x1280 IPS TFT|
- Roboe: collecting scarce available information and sources before trying to port pmOS. Currently brute-forcing the bootloader unlock.
Users owning this device
- Roboe (Notes: (second hand) T1-821W; running stock Android until I manage to unlock its bootloader)
There seems to be three different models: one wifi-only with 1 GB of RAM, and two others with a LTE modem and 1 GB/2 GB of RAM.
Anyway, I (Roboe) have the wifi-only model and its stock Android's
hwt1821l and its
How to enter flash mode
Using ADB from stock Android:
adb reboot recovery
adb reboot bootloader
With hardware buttons:
- Recovery: Power on the device with both
- Fastboot: Unknown.
Fortunately, the open source community is awesome and there are a number of brute-force alternatives:
- https://github.com/B83C/huawei_bootloader_unlocker (testing for some hours... nothing yet)
Huawei seems to have removed any references to these tablets from their websites, but searching in the Spanish Support page you can still get your hands in the T1-821W's firmware for Spain:
|T1 WIFI_Open Market_Spain_B003||December 29, 2015|1G||https://consumer-tkb.huawei.com/weknow/servlet/download/public?contextNo=S1600350740|
This contains a PDF file with instructions (in English) to sideload the update from the SD card using the stock recovery, and the
UPDATE.APP file containing the actual OS. There's a number of projects to extract flashable images from
- https://github.com/rogarb/huextract/ (tested, working)
- Huawei Mediapad T1 8.0 WiFi T1-821W Detailed Tech Specs - PhoneDB
- Kernel DTS (from the Mediapad T1 10 source): T1-821W, T1-821L, T1-823L
- Unofficial TWRP device tree
- Custom recovery build (TWRP-based?)
- A wild
t18p0_junda_fw.imgfirmware blob appeared in an unrelated codebase!
- A wild
t18p0_ofilm_fw.imgfirmware blob appeared in an unrelated codebase!