Motorola Moto G6 (motorola-ali)
Users owning this device
How to enter flash mode
adb reboot bootloader + buttons or use TWRP reboot bootloader, or
|Working user interfaces (on the downstream kernel): Mate, Gnome, XFCE4, i3wm, sxmo|
- Enter fastboot mode.
pmbootstrap flasher flash_rootfs
pmbootstrap flasher boot
Mainlining attempts are currently in-progress (effort led by Uclydde, with guidance from gavodavo/Ultracoolguy).
- Lk2nd has been ported, and can be found here: lk2nd
As of 8/10/2021, the Moto G6 is able to boot the msm8953 mainline kernel fork. It works fairly well, with features like display, touchscreen, and wifi working.
32bit or 64bit
For whatever reason, Motorola decided to ship a 32bit build of Android with the Moto G6, despite the SoC (sdm450/msm8953) being 64bit. For this reason, the postmarketOS build that was originally created is 32bit. The device fails to boot a 64bit build of postmarketOS using the downstream kernel, though it may be possible with some additional modifications.
A 64bit build using the mainline Linux kernel works.
- pmaports!1071 Initial merge request
- pmaports!1281 Update to arm64, update gcc, remove unused patches
- pmaports!1956 Revert arch to armv7
- pmaports#1494 Motorola Moto G6 doesn't boot to graphics
- pmaports#1516 motorola-ali: How to use mainline?
- Device package
- Kernel package