Sony Xperia Z (sony-yuga)
- wfranken (porting and testing)
- ollieparanoid (help via IRC)
- ata2001 (help via IRC)
- opendata (help via IRC)
- Boot to bootloader (fastboot): unplug device, hold volume up and plug usb into device. LED turns blue when in fastboot
- Boot to recovery(when flashed to FOTAkernel only?): repeatedly press volume up during bootup
- Reboot if stuck: hold volume up and power button till the phone vibrates once
- Shutdown phone: hold volume up and power button till phone vibrates three times
Notification LED information
- Constant blue LED: fastboot mode
- Slowly blinking red LED when plugged in: battery cannot hold any charge.
- Blinking red LED when trying to boot: Cannot boot, maybe offsets are wrong?
- Constant red LED on while plugged in: charging
The Xperia Z does not have a recovery partition, so flashing PostmarketOS erases any recovery you have installed. Instructions across the internet for reinstalling a custom recovery are almost all incorrect.
To install a custom recovery on the Xperia Z:
- put the device in fastboot mode
fastboot flash boot recovery.img(replace
recovery.imgwith the filename of your recovery of choice)
fastboot rebootto reboot into the recovery
This is also the reason why LineageOS boot.img is far larger than postmarketOS boot image (the recovery is inside it).
- network through USB
- telnet in initramfs
- adjusting the led, torch and the lcd backlight
- Splash screens works but disappears long before Weston comes up
- FDE does not work, password unlock screen does not appear
What has not been tested
- Phone calls
- SD card
- It should be possible to run The Mainline Kernel on the device. At least there is a
dtsfile already in the 4.14 kernel:
At the moment this is not tested yet.
Follow the Installation guide.
- If you get a slowly blinking red LED when trying to charge, this could mean your battery does not get charged. You have then have two options:
- Open the back (eg. with a hairdryer) and try to unplug and plug the battery
- If all else fails: buy a new battery