Samsung Galaxy Ace II X (samsung-kylessopen)
- racer123 (Maintainer)
- Lofenyy (Please email me if you have any questions regarding this device at lofenyy(at)linuxmail(dot)org)
- Weston (Wayland) (recommended)
- Plasma Mobile (not recommended, too slow) (Wayland)
- Hildon (X11) (possibly recommended)
- Matchbox (X11) (possibly recommended)
- MATE (X11) (not recommended)
- XFCE4 (X11) (not recommended)
Note that all of the working interfaces are using Wayland and the ones that don't work are using X11. This could indicate that there's an issue with Xorg on this device (see #1618).
Before installing, ensure that your host computer and your copy of pmbootstrap is fully up to date and that your system has been rebooted since it was last updated.
- 1. init
$ ./pmbootstrap.py init
Select "samsung-kylessopen" as the target device and select a working recommended graphical interface.
- 2. install
$ ./pmbootstrap.py install --no-fde
See notes regarding full disk encryption.
- 3. flash
$ ./pmbootstrap.py flasher flash_rootfs
$ ./pmbootstrap.py flasher flash_kernel
If you can't get SSH over USB to work, see USB_Network.
- The screen flickers, flashes and scrolls except for when Weston is running. This makes it difficult to tell if FDE is even working properly. For now, it's unusable.
- The device charges successfully, but charging-sdl doesn't launch, with "error starting charging-sdl". Check out troubleshooting page.
- It's not known whether Xwayland works, because within the only usable working environment (Weston), firefox is needed to test Xwayland, and it doesn't seem to be installed by default, nor is it available during the installation process. Correct me if I'm wrong.