Samsung Galaxy SIII LTE (samsung-i9305)
- So far, what works for samsung-i9305 (Galaxy SIII LTE version) also works for the samsung-i9300 (Galaxy SIII international GSM version without LTE). (Neither of these SIII models should be confused with the North American SIII models, which require OS builds.)
- Installation to sdcard (
pmbootstrap install --sdcard=/dev/mmcblk...)
- Weston (only on SD card)
What does not work
- The rest
How to enter flash mode
- Hold power + Home + volume down
- When prompted, release all buttons and press volume up
$ ./pmbootstrap.py init
Install to sdcard
# Replace /dev/mmcblk with your actual sdcard device $ ./pmbootstrap.py install --sdcard=/dev/mmcblk
- Set phone to ODIN mode
1. Turn off phone 2. Connect USB cable 3. Hold VOLUME_DOWN + HOME + POWER until you get Warning!! screen 4. Push VOLUME_UP to continue to ODIN mode screen
- Build and flash the kernel
$ ./pmbootstrap.py flasher flash_kernel
- If flashing fails, try plugging the device into a USB 2.0 port.
Once postmarketOS is installed on the sdcard and the kernel is flashed, you need telnet to unlock the root partition
$ telnet 172.16.42.1 Trying 172.16.42.1... Connected to 172.16.42.1. Escape character is '^]'.
Enter passphrase for /dev/mapper/mmcblk1p2:
Then you can SSH into the device.
$ ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
To get the wifi working, you'll need to modify the wpa_supplicant confg
# If this is not done, wpa_supplicant launches itself with -ip2p0 $ echo 'wpa_supplicant_args="-iwlan0 -Dwext"' | sudo tee /etc/conf.d/wpa_supplicant $ sudo wpa_passphrase $YOUR_SSID > /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf $ /etc/init.d/wpa_supplicant restartWrite the following file to
auto lo iface lo inet loopback auto wlan0 iface wlan0 inet dhcp
Restart the network to verify it's working
$ /etc/init.d/networking restart
Set it to start on boot
$ sudo rc-update add wpa_supplicant boot $ sudo rc-update add networking default
Reboot and you should be connected on boot.
There is currently no mainline kernel available but it should be possible to mainline this device. Have a look at Midas on Mainline for work on mainlining very similar devices. Replicant is also interested in mainlining this device and replacing the bootloader with u-boot and would like to collaborate with us .